In this very brief article we’ll cover just how easy it is to connect a plug and play IP camera from CCTV Camera World. Plug and play means that with a camera and a cable the setup is very easy. Simply connect an Ethernet cable to the back of the NVR and connect the other end of the cable to the camera. There’s not much else to it, unless the passwords don’t match and even then there’s an easy set of steps to clear out password errors.
Plug and Play PoE NVR
With a new PoE IP Camera system from CCTV Camera World there’s no difficult configuration that needs to be done to get cameras setup and recording. By default our NVRs are set to record their channels continuously 24/7 throughout the week. With plug and play technology all a user needs to do is connect the camera with an Ethernet cable to the back of the NVR. Below is a quick stepwise overview of what needs to be done to successfully setup a plug and play system.
- Unpackage the NVR and cameras
- Plug the NVR and it’s power supply into the wall. Power the NVR on. Wait for it to finish booting.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect to the NVR’s PoE ports
- Connect the other end of the cable to a camera
- Connect one camera at a time to avoid any potential issues
- Wait 2-5 minutes for the camera to boot up and the NVR to connect to the camera
- Connect the next camera and repeat
The admin password has been changed from default on the NVR, the camera has a red status, or there is a “Username/Password” error on the grid screen
From time to time a user might get an error or issue when trying to add an IP camera to a PoE NVR. This usually relates to the password that is set on the NVR and the password that is set on the camera. When the passwords don’t match the NVR gets confused and doesn’t know what password is set on the camera. The easiest way to fix this is by doing the following:
- Access the Camera Registration screen on the NVR
- Click the pencil or “Edit” button for the camera with the red status
- Type in the password that is found on the label attached to the cameras box
- Click save and apply
- Wait a few minutes for the status to change, if it doesn’t turn green then the password was typed incorrectly, try again
You can also learn how to fix a password issue by watching our video below.