Wireless Security Camera Guides
If you are having trouble with your wireless security camera then this page is a good place to start to find a relevant guide from CCTV Camera World's knowledge base. We cover topics as simple as connecting a WiFi security camera to a wireless router, or as complicated as setting up a long range wireless link as discussed in our wireless IP camera guide.
- This guide is designed for customers considering purchasing a professional WiFi wireless camera from us or for those trying to set up an Avalonix Premium Series camera they've bought from CCTV Camera World. Before you purchase or set up a Wireless Security Camera, it's important to understand some common misconceptions: Wireless vs. Wire-Free: Wireless cameras […]
- Security cameras have come a long way from needing CCTV box enclosures with large power supplies and bulky cables going back to a recorder. Now, consumers can take advantage of various wireless technologies for easier installation. With a wide range of options, choosing the right type of wireless security camera for your surveillance system is […]
- Security camera systems are not only for urban areas where crime is a known threat, security cameras are also great for rural areas and farms as well. Whether to monitor livestock or prevent equipment theft, security systems are useful for almost any project. Even without internet access to a barn it is possible to monitor […]
- When you buy a surveillance camera system, one of the many things to think about is whether you want wireless or wired security cameras. Fortunately, there is a solution that asks, "Why not both?" CCTV Camera World sells recorders and cameras that can work together to create a hybrid security camera system that can accommodate […]
- Wireless security camera systems involve more setup and configuration than hard-wired camera systems. CCTV Camera World's wired camera systems incorporate plug and play technology, making connection a breeze. However, for applications where running cable isn't possible, we have secure wireless systems that will save you the hassle of running cable.
- If you've been considering purchasing wireless cameras and are wondering how hard it is to configure a wireless security camera system then you need to watch this video we made. Up till now wireless security cameras have been riddled with issues. Up till 2012, the only kind of wireless security cameras available were those that […]
- When you're setting up access points for Long Range Wireless Transmission, especially point to point access, you will need to change the IP address of the access points that you're using to make sure there is not an IP conflict on the network. An IP conflict occurs when two or more devices on the same […]
- We receive many requests for wireless camera streaming for security and other unrelated applications such as monitoring manufacturing processes or placing cameras on UAVs. Until 2012, the options available were limited to analog D1 resolution wireless video transmitters of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequencies such as the one found in this outdoor wireless security camera. These RF […]
- Our 2.4GHz wireless access point radio is a great product to use for long range wireless video transmission, especially in cases where your camera's built-in wireless radio or wireless router are just not strong enough to provide a stable video signal. If you currently have a wireless IP camera and noticed your camera is frequently dropping […]
- This How To guide discusses the steps necessary to setup a wireless camera system for long range transmission that can be used indoors or outdoors. We show how our wireless security cameras with built-in WiFi radios can be used with professional 2.4GHz WiFi access points to establish reliable signals for transmission up to 300ft. Clear […]
- Having a sales person prompting you to spend more on another product is nothing new, but have you ever considered that they might be trying to save you? Admittedly, not every product that a company sells performs and incredible as you’d like. In defense of those companies, it’s what the market and consumer demands. If […]
- You'll usually hear us recommend opting for a wired system over wireless. Most of this stuff is all about speed, and hard wiring your system is just always going to be faster. What happens when running cable isn't an option? Whether it be structurally impossible, or can't work without creating an eyesore, sometimes wireless is […]